Bury Town slam Smith over Lowestoft Town move
Bury Town chairman Russell Ward has accused Lee Smith of 'taking the easy way out' after the midfielder left Ram Meadow to sign for Lowestoft Town.
Smith signed a two-year contract with the Trawlerboys, following the likes of Danny Cunningham and Chris Henderson who have also made the same switch within the last 12 months.
Ward is disappointed Smith has decided to join Craig Fleming's outfit, insinuating that money is the motivating factor behind the move.
'I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the way Lee Smith has conducted himself since the season has ended,' Ward told Bury's official website. 'Despite repeated promises to contact the club, he has chosen the easy way way out and let Lowestoft Town announce his departure via their own website. Sadly in the current world of football money talks, but Richard, Trevor and James will now continue to build a squad that is capable of winning promotion this season.
'With the new ground moving ever closer, we want a squad of players that enjoy playing for the club and I'm sure that we will see some new faces before the players report back for pre-season training.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back