Bury Town 6 Wroxham 1 – Heavy defeat for Yachtsmen
- Credit: Archant
Play-off chasing Bury knocked Wroxham back down to earth with an emphatic thrashing last night.
The Yachtsmen went into the game on a high after beating local rivals Norwich United 1-0 at Trafford Park on Boxing Day.
Any hopes of closing the seven-point gap to safety were swiftly extinguished though.
Tevan Allen's 20th-minute penalty put the hosts 1-0 up at the break, with Wroxham seeing a goal disallowed for offisde shortly before half-time, but the visitors hit back just three minutes into the second half through Adam Plumstead.
Two goals apiece from Luke Read and Ollie Hughes, as well as one from Remi Garrett, saw Bury run away with the match though.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham go to Brightlingsea Regent on Monday (3pm kick-off).
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend