Bury Town 1 Dereham Town 2 – Tuttle is spot on, again, to extend Magpies’ hot streak
- Credit: PA
Dereham extended their excellent unbeaten run with a fine win at Ram Meadow, writes Rene Kendal.
In a lively start, Bury's Ollie Canfer stuck visiting keeper Will Viner's near post in the third minute. The home side's early pressure paid off as defender Justin Miller rose well near the penalty spot to head home Cemal Ramadan's corner from the left with 15 minutes gone.
Dereham came close to finding the equaliser in the 31st minute when Dan Morphew was unlucky to see his header graze the crossbar.
The fluid game continued with keeper Viner denying Ramadan twice.
Minutes after the restart, Bury's Neil O'Sullivan had to be alert to keep out Luke Tuttle's goal-bound curler. Morphew came agonisingly close again in the 54th minute when he struck the woodwork once more.
Dereham deservedly found the equaliser with 76 minutes on the clock. Louis Mason and Tuttle combined well in the centre of the park before the latter lifted the ball over the home defence, enabling Andy Smith to progress and score.
Within minutes Dereham were in front as Rhys Logan was upended by home keeper O'Sullivan in the box. Although the ball entered the net the referee awarded a penalty.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
From the spot, Tuttle cooly slotted home his third penalty in two games to put the Magpies in front for the first time in the 80th minute and Dereham played out the remaining minutes to make it eight games without defeat.
Bury: N O'Sullivan, M Skevington, J Paterson, J Kennedy (D Hammett, 65), D De'Ath, J Miller, N Atkins (R Garrett, 17), C Hall, O Hughes, C Ramadan (Ingram, 84), O Canfer. Subs not used: M Collins, J White.
Dereham: W Viner, P Swatman (R Linford, 51), F Blake-Tracy, D Morphew, M Howard, D Frary, R Logan (M Cook, 85), Smith, L Tuttle, S Bialasik (L Mason, 65), J Cooper.
Referee: Mr P Quick