Bury Town 1 Dereham Town 2 – Tuttle is spot on, again, to extend Magpies’ hot streak
- Credit: PA
Dereham extended their excellent unbeaten run with a fine win at Ram Meadow, writes Rene Kendal.
In a lively start, Bury's Ollie Canfer stuck visiting keeper Will Viner's near post in the third minute. The home side's early pressure paid off as defender Justin Miller rose well near the penalty spot to head home Cemal Ramadan's corner from the left with 15 minutes gone.
Dereham came close to finding the equaliser in the 31st minute when Dan Morphew was unlucky to see his header graze the crossbar.
The fluid game continued with keeper Viner denying Ramadan twice.
Minutes after the restart, Bury's Neil O'Sullivan had to be alert to keep out Luke Tuttle's goal-bound curler. Morphew came agonisingly close again in the 54th minute when he struck the woodwork once more.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham deservedly found the equaliser with 76 minutes on the clock. Louis Mason and Tuttle combined well in the centre of the park before the latter lifted the ball over the home defence, enabling Andy Smith to progress and score.
Within minutes Dereham were in front as Rhys Logan was upended by home keeper O'Sullivan in the box. Although the ball entered the net the referee awarded a penalty.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
From the spot, Tuttle cooly slotted home his third penalty in two games to put the Magpies in front for the first time in the 80th minute and Dereham played out the remaining minutes to make it eight games without defeat.
Bury: N O'Sullivan, M Skevington, J Paterson, J Kennedy (D Hammett, 65), D De'Ath, J Miller, N Atkins (R Garrett, 17), C Hall, O Hughes, C Ramadan (Ingram, 84), O Canfer. Subs not used: M Collins, J White.
Dereham: W Viner, P Swatman (R Linford, 51), F Blake-Tracy, D Morphew, M Howard, D Frary, R Logan (M Cook, 85), Smith, L Tuttle, S Bialasik (L Mason, 65), J Cooper.
Referee: Mr P Quick