Bungay Bowls Club set out their 2012 lawn season schedule
The end of April sees Bungay Bowls Club commence their 2012 lawn bowls season, which features seven teams in four leagues and half a dozen county cup competitions.
During the off-season the club retained all of its sponsors and added Dingles Toyota based in Lowestoft to that list as sponsors of score cards.
The season starts with the third Triangular Charity Tournament between Bungay, Earsham and Mettingham on Saturday, where a local charity chosen by Mettingham will receive a donation from the day's events. Mettingham have chosen their local church's tower repair appeal as the receiver of the donation.
Competitive matches start the following week with the club's two teams in Division One of the Halesworth Three-Wood League playing each other on Friday evening.
The next day the men's team, captained by Roger Bullen, face Melton in the Suffolk Bowls England Bert Edwards Cup. Both teams went out in the second round last year.
You may also want to watch:
The following Friday the club plays Kessingland in the Suffolk EBF Senior Cup, while on Sunday, May 13 Bungay host their first open tournament of season, a three-wood triples, sponsors by Bungay's home furnishing shop John Wightman.
Haverhill are the opponents in the Suffolk Bowls England Norton Cup on May 19, while local rivals Sparrows Nest visit the next day in the Millennium Trophy match. The teams face each over again two week's later in the Custom Kitchen Fours Cup, a trophy Bungay won two seasons ago.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Sunday, June 17, sees local butcher John Groom sponsoring the four-wood pairs open tournament, with the club's annual friendly against the Rotary Club on the following Tuesday.
The July triples tournament sponsored by the neighbouring garage of R Charlish is on Sunday, July 15 while the Waveney Windows Triples will take place on Sunday, August 12.
By then, the club competitions sponsored by Three Willows Garden Centre will be entering their final stages with finalists being presented with their trophies at the dinner and presentation evening, at Flixton Buck on Saturday, November 10. The club AGM is Friday, September 28.
Whether you are a novice, experience bowler or would like to learn more about the sport, please contact the club as they always look forward to welcoming new members.
You can email at email@example.com or call secretary Ian Gosling on 01986 892982 or visit bungaybowlsclub.co.uk