Bumper weekend at East Tuddenham
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk & Suffolk Flyfishers at East Tuddenham enjoyed another bumper week last week, with 44 visitors averaging almost four fish per rod.
Notable catches were by Mike Shaw from Lowestoft who banked four quality fish from the top lake, all on dries, and newcomer to the gentle art, pike fishing convert Tom Large.
Tom, having just taught himself to cast in his back garden, landed two good specimens at his first attempt – again, like Mike, on dries.
Sprowston angler Simon Turner, as usual, relied on a small black buzzer to tempt his limit bag, while soldier palmers, hares ears and bloodworm imitations have all been succesful.
There are still a few places left on Strictly Flyfishing's School of Game Angling Day this Sunday – call 07774 483122 for booking or further details.
You may also want to watch:
Hobbs Lake Trout fishery at Nar Valley will be hosting an open day on Saturday. Gates open from 9am-4pm. Call 07900 285313 for details.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk