Bumper weekend at East Tuddenham
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk & Suffolk Flyfishers at East Tuddenham enjoyed another bumper week last week, with 44 visitors averaging almost four fish per rod.
Notable catches were by Mike Shaw from Lowestoft who banked four quality fish from the top lake, all on dries, and newcomer to the gentle art, pike fishing convert Tom Large.
Tom, having just taught himself to cast in his back garden, landed two good specimens at his first attempt – again, like Mike, on dries.
Sprowston angler Simon Turner, as usual, relied on a small black buzzer to tempt his limit bag, while soldier palmers, hares ears and bloodworm imitations have all been succesful.
There are still a few places left on Strictly Flyfishing's School of Game Angling Day this Sunday – call 07774 483122 for booking or further details.
You may also want to watch:
Hobbs Lake Trout fishery at Nar Valley will be hosting an open day on Saturday. Gates open from 9am-4pm. Call 07900 285313 for details.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 7 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning