Broome Pits come up trumps in the heat
WAVENEY VALLEY: It has been bingo at Broome Pits, benefiting from the warm water temperatures and with it fishing its head off and some really good catches coming to the net.
Top of the notch for a gin-clear B Lake at the weekend was Andy Raine from Gorleston, who took handsome dark coloured common carp at 17lbs 7ozs, 19lbs 9ozs and 17lbs 7ozs.
Fishing near the neck and casting out to shallow weedy water an additional 11lbs mirror seemed hardly worth a mention in his book.
Nearer to the car park from the steep Gorse filled bank, Shaun Barnes from Belton landed a 25lb common with boilies as the bait.
At the other end of the spectrum in the Kidney Pit, Lowestoft Print MD John Richardson lazed in his chair relaxing in the shade of the willows, complete with floppy hat and sandals, but still managing a nice pair of carp on bread to keep him happy.
You may also want to watch:
The river continues to improve with the tidal areas producing bream of all sizes to a variety of baits, but in the vicinity of Beccles town showing its best.
Further downstream into the heavier water it has been boats and nights that have done the best with bank anglers during the day having to cope with picky fishy fussy on the tide surges to feed. Big baits seem to have been the key, whether bread or large bunches of maggots, and some fairly hefty eels at around 2lbs have been on the feed too. Best specimens rated on the percentage scale are the normally slow feeding and mini-fish cocky ruffe. Whereas once two ounces was classed as a 'big-un', anglers are reporting a profusion of these lethargic biting spiney speckled Pope will soon be large enough to edge four ounces.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich