Broom swept away in race for second
Potters are now the clear favourites to take the runners-up spot in Division One of the Norfolk SRA Leagues after beating third-in-the-table Barnham Broom 14-7.
In this week's match played at Barnham the visitors put themselves 26 points clear of their hosts with both teams now having just two games remaining. David Hall and Rob Hambrook both won in straight games for Potters while Jamie Goodrich beat Matthew Bolt 3-1 in the first string match. For Barnham Craig Aldred and veteran Vince Somers both won their matches 3-0.
Broadland should finish the season in fourth place after winning 16-7 at King's Lynn and beating bottom of the table East Anglia IV 16-7. At Lynn Mark Woolner won 3-1, Kevin Cooke beat Nick Todhunter 3-2 and both Steve Moxey and Ian Cox won in straight games. Peter Scott, who beat Jon Bird 3-0, was Lynn's one winner. Against East Anglia both Cooke and Cox won 3-0 while Moxey beat Chris Turner 3-1. Nick Stringer and Chris Butler both won 3-1 for the already relegated East Anglia side.
The big match in Division Two was at Barnham Broom where the home club's second team clinched the title by beating North Norfolk 15-7. For North Norfolk Kevin Blake beat Adie Martin 3-0 while captain Tim Perry won 3-1 against Ben Rawsthorne.
However, Barnham matched this as Jo Bolt won 3-0 against Devendra Mahatme and Luke Plumridge beat Martin Pearse 3-1, leaving everything dependent upon the result of the first string match. Barnham's captain Adam Goodson beat Martin Guppy 9-7 9-1 9-1 to clinch the title for his team.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park