Brooke to host Swardeston in Carter Cup semi-finals
- Credit: James Bass
Brooke got the home tie they craved when the draw for the semi-finals of the Carter Cup was made live on Radio Norfolk.
The Norfolk Alliance Premier Division leaders will have a big test on their hands to reach the final, however, with Swardeston standing in their way.
The reigning East Anglian Premier League champions, and current pace-setters, lost to Brooke in a Norfolk Twenty20 match on Thursday but will be strong favourites to progress in the 60 over per side format of the game on Sunday, July 5.
The other semi-final sees two EAPL sides come face to face, with Norwich having home advantage against Vauxhall Mallards. Brooke reached the last four by beating Diss last week, while Swardeston won at Cromer and Norwich and Mallards beat Old Buckenham and Downham respectively.
In the semi-finals of the revamped Bob Carter NACO Cup Horsford, which will be held on the same day, Horsford will entertain Fakenham and Stow will play host to North Runcton.
You may also want to watch:
Chad Bowes hit a superb 139 as Fakenham reached 349 for 7 off their 50 overs in the quarter-final against Great Witchingham, who finished on 267 for 9.
A weakened Asmanaugh & Barton Wanderers were bowled out by Horsford for 146 who then went on to win by eight wickets.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 3 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
Rob Purton's 125 was all in vain as Sprowston lost to North Runcton – Sprowston reaching 178 for 9 before Runcton went on to win by four wickets.
In the remaining game Lowestoft were all out for 150 and Stow reached their target for the loss of five wickets with Ed Landymore hitting a match-winning 71 not-out.
The semi-final draw for the Bob Carter NACO Cup relegation play-off semi-finals, also on July 5, is: Ashmanaugh & Barton Wanderers v Great Witchingham, Lowestoft v Sprowston.