Brooke bring in new professional and coach
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Brooke have added a mixture of youth and experience to their ranks ahead of the new season.
The Dipple and Conway Norfolk Alliance Premier Division champions have signed highly-rated South African batsman Wesley Coulentianos, 23, as their professional for 2017 while former Norfolk skipper Paul Newman has come on board as head coach. Brooke skipper John Habershon is excited by the appointments and feels they will have a positive impact as his side attempt to make it another memorable summer.
'We are very pleased to have secured the signing of Wesley, who replaces Mike Jones as player-coach at the club,' he said. 'He is an extremely talented young cricketer and already has seven first class hundreds to his name. I know all the first team are excited about playing alongside him as we look to repeat the success of the 2016 season.
'We are also thrilled to have Paul join us.
'When I was a young player in the Norfolk age group sides Judge's coaching had a fantastic impact on my game and I'm delighted that all the young players at Brooke will have the opportunity to benefit from working with him.'
You may also want to watch:
Newman, 58, joins Brooke from fellow Alliance club Acle.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village