Broadland on the brink
WOMEN'S ROUND-UP: Broadland can clinch promotion to the East League on Saturday after title rivals Panthers slipped up at the weekend.
Panthers were hoping to use their game in hand at home to Harleston Magpies III to close the gap on the M+A Partners Norfolk League Premier Division leaders. But they lost the game 3-0 to remain seven points adrift of the leaders with just three matches to play.
Broadland visit Sheringham High School in their next game, knowing a draw against Panthers would secure them a place in Division 2NE of the East League next season.
Broadland warmed up for that crunch fixture with a 6-1 friendly victory at Norwich City II. Lindsay Hyde led the way with a hat-trick, with Tracey Buxton scoring twice and Megan Greene also on target.
Broadland II were also in friendly action, drawing 1-1 at City III, with Danni Parke opening the scoring and Vicky Mason levelling for City.
Norwich City's first team kept busy on another blank weekend in the East League when they played Watton in friendly which ended in a 1-1 draw. City took the lead when Esme Barber converted after good work from Leah Mickleborough and Rachel Reynolds. Watton lost Charlie Payne with a knee injury but kept battling and equalised near the end through Jemma Ball.
In Division One of the M+A Partners League Norwich Dragons III turned in an excellent performance to come from one down to win 2-1 at Harleston Magpies V.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 8 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 9 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 10 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
The goals were scored by Harriette Stone, after a fine pass from Lois Metcalfe, and Izzie London.
In Division Three Magpies VI drew 1-1 with Norwich City IV. Jess Harris scored for City with Laura Schultheiss replying.