British Truck Racing Championship heading to Snetterton
- Credit: Submitted
Snetterton is gearing up to host a Truck Superprix weekend once again.
A packed programme of motorsport, plus monster truck rides, an air display and truck parade will be held on September 13 and 14.
The event will be headlined by the British Truck Racing Championship (BTRC), which features trucks with 1,000 horsepower engines which can out-accelerate a sportscar and hit speeds of 100mph on the straights.
With just two rounds to go after Snetterton, the BTRC title battle has just one point separating reigning champion Mat Summerfield from Chris Levett in Division One.
Six points separate leaders Simon Reid and Ryan Smith in Division Two, in which Bungay's Jim Bennett is set to make his season debut at Snetterton.
You may also want to watch:
A Snetterton spokesman said: 'Both classes compete together on the track and a reverse-grid format, where the fastest trucks start from the back, guarantees plenty of overtaking on the Snetterton 300 circuit with its combination of high speed straights and challenging corners.
'Fans will miss none of the action from the venue's panoramic spectator banks.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
'The weekend will feature five British Truck Championship races, with three of these taking place on the Sunday. There will also be a bumper package of close racing from NASCAR-style Pickup Trucks and the miniature hotrods of the Legends Championship proving US-style thrills. Slipstreaming action from Caterhams and pocket-rocket karts complete the weekend's 21-race programme.
'There's also fun for all of the family off-track on the Sunday, with Red Dragon monster truck rides, a Wildcat Aerobatics display, truck parade and autograph session with the British Truck Racing Championship drivers.'
Tickets are available from £18, with free entry for children aged 12 and under. For more information call 0843 453 9000 or go to www.snetterton.co.uk