British Carp and Angling Show in Norfolk will go on, insist organisers
Organisers of a major angling event in Norfolk this weekend insisted today that the show must go on despite the snow.
The British Carp and Angling Show will take place on Saturday and Sunday at the Norfolk Showground where industrial heaters have been installed in the main exhibition hall for the comfort of visitors.
Last year's inaugural event atracted 8,000 visitors over the weekend and organisers are hoping for an even bigger turn-out this year.
Matthew Upson, a director of organisers Aztec Events, insisted that the show must go on. 'Don't forget any remaining snow on the pathways leading up to the show building will be cleared and the showground has parking for over 10,000 cars.'
The event is set to feature a host of stars from the world of angling, including Lenwade-based TV star John Wilson, Caister-born match fishing legend Bob Nudd and celebrity all-rounder Matt Hayes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available in advance at £8 for adults (£10 on the day) and £2.00 (£5.00 on the day) for children under 16. Children under 5 go free
Tel: 01702 549623 website www.britishcarpshow.co.uk
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall