British Carp and Angling Show in Norfolk will go on, insist organisers
Organisers of a major angling event in Norfolk this weekend insisted today that the show must go on despite the snow.
The British Carp and Angling Show will take place on Saturday and Sunday at the Norfolk Showground where industrial heaters have been installed in the main exhibition hall for the comfort of visitors.
Last year's inaugural event atracted 8,000 visitors over the weekend and organisers are hoping for an even bigger turn-out this year.
Matthew Upson, a director of organisers Aztec Events, insisted that the show must go on. 'Don't forget any remaining snow on the pathways leading up to the show building will be cleared and the showground has parking for over 10,000 cars.'
The event is set to feature a host of stars from the world of angling, including Lenwade-based TV star John Wilson, Caister-born match fishing legend Bob Nudd and celebrity all-rounder Matt Hayes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available in advance at £8 for adults (£10 on the day) and £2.00 (£5.00 on the day) for children under 16. Children under 5 go free
Tel: 01702 549623 website www.britishcarpshow.co.uk
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school