Bridgham United 2 Hingham Athletic Res 1: Home comforts for United
- Credit: Shirley D Whitlow
Bridgham Utd 2 Hingham Ath Res 1
Bridgham Utd finally played a home game after three months of major pitch damage when they entertained Hingham Athletic Res.
The game was a bit scrappy with the away side firing an early half chance over but it was Bridgham who took the lead in the 14th minute when a good passing move ended with Lewis Bishop scoring from a Jack Green cross for 1-0.
Tom Wood saw his effort well saved with Hingham shooting a chance wide and just before half-time keeper Lee Freeman denied the away side.
Hingham started the second half firing a shot over whilst at the other end Wood shot wide. Hingham made it 1-1 in the 50th minute with a good finish and were then denied another when Freeman produced a superb save low down to push the ball around the post.
George Palmer then saw an effort saved and then fired another into the side netting.
Bridgham retook the lead in the 69th minute whilst playing with 10 players due to a sin bin when Green crossed and Wood slotted home for 2-1. Hingham pushed for an equaliser and just missed with a header in the 86th minute but were then handed a great chance from the penalty spot after a foul but the Hingham player fired over the bar and with it their chance of a point.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 7 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 9 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 10 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
MoM: Tom Wood.