Brentwood 2 Dereham 4
A super display away at Brentwood Town saw the Magpies clinch their first ever win at step four of the non-league ladder.
The game started slowly and fans saw very few clear cut chances in the early stages and Dereham didn't register their first chance of the game until the 33rd minute when Luke Tuttle's effort rebounded off the post.
Then in the 42nd minute the Magpies took the lead in a game for the first time since being promoted.
Tuttle played the ball into the path of Sam Borrer who made his way into the box before squaring the ball to Nicky Howell who fired the ball into the net.
After 47 minutes Gary Starling then fired home a free kick to double Dereham's lead, putting them in a commanding position.
You may also want to watch:
However the hosts were not going to go down without putting up a fight and Petrit Elbi pulled a goal back after 52 minutes to make it 1-2, putting the pressure back on Dereham.
However just four minutes later goal machine Tuttle opened his account for the season to make it 1-3 to the Magpies – putting them in complete control – having crept round the back of the Brentwood defence to finish off a great cross.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Then with 20 minutes to play Adam Gusterson sealed the win and made sure it was a good journey home for the Magpies.
Deep into stoppage time Elbi made it 2-4 but Dereham ran out comfortable winners and claimed a deserved win.
Dereham: Street, Hawkins (Willis 70), Starling (Eastoe-Smith 75), Borrer, Morphew, Gusterson, Howell, Smith, Bammant, Tuttle, Kay. Subs not used: Beaumont, Gilfedder.
Brentwood: Anderson, Love Rolls, Edgar, Simmonds (Matyanda 63), Bradley, Carvell Dobbs (Ryan 63), Elbi, Cass, Rees (Adebayo). Subs not used: Gardner, Cooper.