Renegade Runners’ Matt Pyatt wins Breckland 10K
- Credit: Archant
Renegade Runners' Matt Pyatt cruised to victory at the Breckland 10K on Monday, leading the 276 runners home in 33:54.
Pyatt, 42, was well ahead of the rest of the field, clocking an excellent time as he fine-tunes his preparations ahead of taking part in the Edinburgh Half Marathon later this month.
Callum Simpson (unattached) was the runner-up in 34:33 with Wymondham AC's Ben Rivett third in 34:35.
Sundbury Joggers' Sandy Thorogood took first place in the female field, coming home in 42:11 with Louise-Kate Keylock (Team Anderson) coming second in 42:43. Gillian Leathers (Saint Edmund Pacers) was third in 43:18.
Thetford AC staged the event, which caught a few runners out with its uphill start but that didn't stop many runners running up new personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47