Renegade Runners’ Matt Pyatt wins Breckland 10K
- Credit: Archant
Renegade Runners' Matt Pyatt cruised to victory at the Breckland 10K on Monday, leading the 276 runners home in 33:54.
Pyatt, 42, was well ahead of the rest of the field, clocking an excellent time as he fine-tunes his preparations ahead of taking part in the Edinburgh Half Marathon later this month.
Callum Simpson (unattached) was the runner-up in 34:33 with Wymondham AC's Ben Rivett third in 34:35.
Sundbury Joggers' Sandy Thorogood took first place in the female field, coming home in 42:11 with Louise-Kate Keylock (Team Anderson) coming second in 42:43. Gillian Leathers (Saint Edmund Pacers) was third in 43:18.
Thetford AC staged the event, which caught a few runners out with its uphill start but that didn't stop many runners running up new personal bests.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall