Brazilian youngster Gustavo loves the yellow and green
- Credit: Archant
When Brazilian four-year-old Gustavo was told he had to wear a football shirt to school, there was only one option.
And with yellow and green a must, the football-mad youngster caused a stir when he turned up in an alternative to the national kit - a brand new Norwich City home strip.
Gustavo, from Niteroi near Rio de Janeiro, proudly sported the shirt after it was sent over for Christmas by his Norfolk relatives, Tessa and Rod Oakley, from Thorpe St Andrew.
Pupils in the city were allowed to wear football strips to school to celebrate the World Cup.
and Gustavo has since become a die-hard Canary, according to his auntie, Jo Fonseca.
You may also want to watch:
'Gustavo went to school two weeks ago in his new flash green and yellow uniform and every colleague in his class said how clever he was to have a Brazilian uniform,' she said.
'He answered back that this uniform was half Brazilian and half Norwich. He was the only one that had his national team's colours and an international uniform together.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'The trouble was to convince him that he needed to take the uniform off for washing. Gustavo asked his mum why he couldn't go to school everyday in his football uniform, since it was cooler than the school one.'
Ms Fonseca added that Gustavo was disappointed to see England knocked out of the tournament as he expected them to face Brazil in the final.