Brantham Athletic 2, Gorleston 2
On Tuesday night Gorleston travelled to third placed Brantham hoping to continue with their resurgent form.
The Greens made three changes to the side that had beaten Clacton. Jack Whatmough replaced Elliot Pride in goal and Adam Thurtle returned to the starting line-up. Bradley Hough replaced Steve Taylor.
Twice Gorleston took the lead but both times Brantham pegged them pack. Ally McKenna opened the scoring in the 28th minute only to see his goal cancelled out by Josh Mayhew five minutes before the break. However, on the stroke of half-time Bradley Hough put the Greens back in front.
Brantham equalised again midway through the second half when Adam Bloss found the net and with no further goals the final score was 2-2.
This was a good all round performance from the Greens, who seem to be regaining some confidence, and they picked up a well deserved point against one of the Premier Divisions high flyers.
You may also want to watch:
• Gorleston: Jack Whatmough, Kyle Howell, Reece Hunn, Andy Howell, Adam Thurtle, Adam Mills, Chris Sandford, Gary Williams, Ally McKenna, Bradley Hough, Jack Garrod
• Goals: McKenna (28), Hough (45)
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
• Attendance: 58