Brancaster youngster Mollie Patterson wins bronze medal at Cadet National Cup
- Credit: Archant
Table tennis ace Mollie Patterson has won another medal on the national stage.
A week after winning silver at the Junior National Cup, she added bronze in the younger age group at the Cadet National Cup.
The Brancaster Staithe youngster was among 10 invited to the event.
She was seeded fourth at the tournament in Preston and won seven matches in the round-robin format to finish third behind unbeaten champion Charlotte Bardsley and third seed Jasmin Wong.
It could have been better for Patterson – she took Bardsley to a decider before losing 4-3 (11-9, 4-11, 11-9, 11-3, 7-11, 7-11, 11-2) – Bardsley only dropped two more sets in the whole competition. She also beat Wong 4-1 (11-8, 11-8, 12-10, 10-12, 11-6). The 14-year-old, who attends the Table Tennis England National Talent Academy at Ackworth School in Yorkshire, said: 'I beat everybody I was ranked above and one player I was ranked below – I did better than my seeding, so that's good.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups