Bradshaw’s blitz wins cup for Mallards
Vauxhall Mallards captain Paul Bradshaw bowled his side to NDI Insurance NACO Cup final success with a devastating opening burst against archrivals Swardeston.
After Mallards had posted a modest looking 141 total in 48.4 overs man of the match Bradshaw ripped the heart out of Swardeston's reply to leave them facing humiliation on their home turf at 9 for 4.
The middle order tried to stage a recovery but the damage had been done by the former Norfolk paceman with three of his victims adjudged lbw.
Mallards, who knocked Swardeston out in the semi-final on their way to winning the Carter Cup by beating Horsford this season, went on to win by 51 runs. Richard Moores weighed in with 4 for 27 as Swardeston's reply ran out of steam.
Mallards' 141 total had featured several solid contributions down the order with Namibian international Gerrie Snyman topscoring with 38, David Turner hitting 26 and Richard Goodenough adding 23.
Spinner Richard Sims was Swardeston's most successful bowler claming 4 for 27 from 10 overs. Sims (13) was one of only three Swardeston players to contribute double figures, along with Will Rist (26) and George Walker (19) as they were bowled out in 33 overs for 90.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge