Bowler takes all 10 wickets in West Norfolk Cricket League match
- Credit: Submitted
The rare feat of taking all 10 wickets of an innings was celebrated by a young bowler in the West Norfolk Cricket League this weekend.
Kieran Herbert of Division One title challengers Snettisham A was the man in the spotlight, taking all of Castle Rising's wickets in a 149-run triumph.
Snettisham had lost the toss and been put into bat by the hosts. Openers Jonathan Forder (88) and Lewis Jeavons (49) set up the success by setting the visitors on their way to a total of 216 for six.
Herbert then blew away the Castle Rising batsman for a total of just 67 in 19 overs –taking the tenth wicket off the final ball of his last over.
He finished with figures of 35-10 in 10 overs, with one maiden, supported by Darren Twiddy who conceded just 30 runs in his nine overs.
You may also want to watch:
For the full round-up of this weekend's West Norfolk League action, see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us