Bowler takes all 10 wickets in West Norfolk Cricket League match
- Credit: Submitted
The rare feat of taking all 10 wickets of an innings was celebrated by a young bowler in the West Norfolk Cricket League this weekend.
Kieran Herbert of Division One title challengers Snettisham A was the man in the spotlight, taking all of Castle Rising's wickets in a 149-run triumph.
Snettisham had lost the toss and been put into bat by the hosts. Openers Jonathan Forder (88) and Lewis Jeavons (49) set up the success by setting the visitors on their way to a total of 216 for six.
Herbert then blew away the Castle Rising batsman for a total of just 67 in 19 overs –taking the tenth wicket off the final ball of his last over.
He finished with figures of 35-10 in 10 overs, with one maiden, supported by Darren Twiddy who conceded just 30 runs in his nine overs.
You may also want to watch:
For the full round-up of this weekend's West Norfolk League action, see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree