Boston United’s Steve Spriggs completes dramatic U-turn and rejoins King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
Winger Steve Spriggs has completed a dramatic U-turn by rejoining King's Lynn Town after playing just 45 minutes for Boston United.
Spriggs, who stunned The Walks faithful by joining the higher-level Pilgrims little more than a week ago, is heading back to Norfolk after asking to leave the Blue Square North club.
The 24-year-old played just a half for Graham Drury's side as Boston crashed to an embarrassing 7-1 defeat at Altrincham on Tuesday on his debut.
Linnets boss Gary Setchell says is he 'delighted' that his side's top marksman this term, 18-goal Spriggs, is heading back to the Linnets.
The right-sided player looks set to begin his third spell at the club on Saturday at Northwich Victoria.
You may also want to watch:
- See tomorrow's paper for the full story.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 8 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city