Boss Good urges West Norfolk’s finest junior footballers to test themselves at Downham Town
Manager Garth Good is urging the shining stars of West Norfolk's junior football scene to test themselves at Downham Town's pre-season programme this summer.
The Eastern Counties First Division outfit begin their preparations for next season on Tuesday, with Good looking to attract some of the area's finest grassroots players to the club.
The Downham boss believes there's enough talent in the North West Norfolk League and King's Lynn and District Sunday League to boost his playing options come August – if players are prepared to be brave enough to venture into the non-league game.
Good said: 'There's plenty of lads about that are able to play at our level and hopefully we can tempt them to do so.
'For whatever reason, some like to stay in junior football to play with their mates, and don't want to step up. But I want to try and get those involved who do.
You may also want to watch:
'It's not a massive difference, apart from improvements in overall quality and the pace of games, and players get used to it if they work hard – especially during pre-season.
'I'm a big believer in desire and passion to want to play football and I'm happy to create that opportunity because I never understand those who don't want to push themselves.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
Downham's pre-season training sessions (7-8.30pm initially) will take place on the back pitch at the town's memorial field. They will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays thereafter.
Interested players can contact Good on 07595 723099 or simply turn up for training.