Boss Good urges West Norfolk’s finest junior footballers to test themselves at Downham Town
Manager Garth Good is urging the shining stars of West Norfolk's junior football scene to test themselves at Downham Town's pre-season programme this summer.
The Eastern Counties First Division outfit begin their preparations for next season on Tuesday, with Good looking to attract some of the area's finest grassroots players to the club.
The Downham boss believes there's enough talent in the North West Norfolk League and King's Lynn and District Sunday League to boost his playing options come August – if players are prepared to be brave enough to venture into the non-league game.
Good said: 'There's plenty of lads about that are able to play at our level and hopefully we can tempt them to do so.
'For whatever reason, some like to stay in junior football to play with their mates, and don't want to step up. But I want to try and get those involved who do.
You may also want to watch:
'It's not a massive difference, apart from improvements in overall quality and the pace of games, and players get used to it if they work hard – especially during pre-season.
'I'm a big believer in desire and passion to want to play football and I'm happy to create that opportunity because I never understand those who don't want to push themselves.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Downham's pre-season training sessions (7-8.30pm initially) will take place on the back pitch at the town's memorial field. They will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays thereafter.
Interested players can contact Good on 07595 723099 or simply turn up for training.