Boon wants more from hot-shot Lynn
Kevin Boon is a man with a conundrum: his team have scored 15 goals in their last three games – and still he isn't happy.
The King's Lynn Town joint manager watched his side hammer six past Whitton in the FA Cup on Saturday, but admitted there was still plenty of work for him and Gary Setchell to do with the squad.
Lynn entertain Boston Town tonight when they return to United Counties League Premier Division action, and while Boon exonerated his front men from blame, he wants an improvement around the rest.
'It's not that we are being sloppy, it is more a case of indiscipline I think,' he said. 'It's not tight enough. Every time we go out and want to keep a clean sheet and we have decided to let a goal in for some reason. It's about discipline and helping each other out.
'I know we've scored goals, but we have not played well in three games.
You may also want to watch:
'We got out of jail because Whitton could have been ahead had it not been for keeper Alex Street. I won't blame our two strikers and our wingers, they've been doing fine, but I have to ask questions of the rest.'
Paul Cousins, who has a broken toe, played an hour on saturday, as did Jordan Yong, both coming off early in preparation for tonight's clash. But Boon admits he is reluctant to make changes.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
'The thing is, we want to get some consistency in our selections, we don't want to chop and change,' he said.