Bob Carter on course for Summer League title after Thorpe Marriott victory
Bob Carter continued their relentless pursuit of the NCSMBA Summer League Division One title with an 8-0 win away to Thorpe Marriott.
Fielding a team containing an array of either current or past England internationals the Drayton side overwhelmed Thorpe Marriott in their local derby. Jamie Forster, David Lamb & Gary Best beat George Clarke’s triple 18-11 and followed that with a 22-4 win against John Jarvis’ triple. Jason Woods, Simon Willies & Melvin Woods won by a convincing 17-5 margin in their opening game against Richard Perkins’ triple before edging to a 15-13 win against Tony Turner’s triple.
In Division Two Watton will be happy with a 6-2 home win against Forncett. Brenda Draper, Richard Adams & Roger Braham won by 23-3 against Linda Preece’s triple and in their second game Roger Braham’s triple beat Peter Lock 19-7.
The Bure League AGM was held at Woodbastwick where the draws for the Bure Cup and the Bure Singles, Pairs and Triples Championships were made.
Bure Cup holders Halvergate will face the winners of the preliminary round tie between Hevingham & Woodbastwick. Last season’s defeated finalists East Tuddenham were drawn to play Kirby Bedon. A local derby will see Horsford BC play Horsford Heroes while Windows come up against Thorpe Marriott.
You may also want to watch:
Bure singles champion David Lamb has been seeded to play in the heat at Windows where he will play bowlers from Hevingham, Thorpe Marriott, Kirby Bedon & Halvergate.
2016 champion Chris Mann of East Tuddenham is seeded to play in the heat at Thorpe Marriott against bowlers from Horsford Heroes, Horsford BC, Windows & Woodbastwick and the other heats will take place at Woodbastwick & Kirby Bedon.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
Defending Bure Pairs Champions Melvin Woods & John Turner are seeded at Horsford BC where they will be joined by pairs representing Halvergate, Kirby Bedon, Windows & Woodbastwick.
Last season’s runners-up Morgan Warnes & Keith Cooke of Halvergate are seeded at Kirby Bedon where they will play pairs from Horsford Heroes, East Tuddenham, Hevingham & Thorpe Marriott. The other pairs heats will be hosted by Hevingham & Halvergate.
Last season’s surprise Bure Triples Champions Betty Cox, David Sharpe & Steve Hall are seeded at Thorpe Marriott against triples from East Tuddenham, Horsford Heroes, Halvergate and their own club side Hevingham.
Last season’s runners-up Brenda Sizer, Di Boswell & Mick Boswell play at Horsford Heroes against triples from Horsford BC, Kirby Bedon, Woodbastwick and their own club Windows.