Bob Carter faced with tricky draw at Hevingham in defence of bowls County Cup
Norfolk County Cup holders Bob Carter have a tricky away tie in this season's semi-finals.
They have been drawn away to three-time County Cup winners Hevingham and will need to be on the top of their form to get a result.
The winners of the quarter-final between Cromer and Thorpe Marriott face a difficult tie at Breckland League giants Connaught A, who are always hard to beat at their Attleborough venue.
With players such as Sheila Bragg, Sylvia Parsons and Lee Fallows in their side Connaught know they are more than capable of capturing this prestigious title.
This weekend two of Norfolk's leading bowlers have been selected to represent the South against the North in the annual charity event held to raise funds for the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's charity.
You may also want to watch:
Halvergate and England player David Lamb will be playing lead for Wymondham's former England player Chris Mann in the pairs.
n the fours, Lamb will play at number two in a rink skipped by 2011 England singles champion Dom Reed.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 10 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
Mann is also playing at number two in a four skipped by Oxfordshire's Roger Wiggins, who lifted the National Fours title in 2011.
The Potters East Coast Over 50s Triples event will take place at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton-on-Sea from Monday, May 6 to Friday, May 10 and the Potters Short Mat Bowls Cup Weekend will take place from Friday, August 30.
Any bowlers interested in taking part in either event should contact Teresa Goldsmith on 01603 403628.