Blues held as Reynolds saves point
Lowestoft Town 0, Enfield 0: With the Ryman League Division One North title already in the bag, Lowestoft were held to a draw by fifth-placed Enfield at Crown Meadow.
Lowestoft Town 0, Enfield 0
With the Ryman League Division One North title already in the bag, Lowestoft were held to a draw by fifth-placed Enfield at Crown Meadow.
The Blues, who gave 17-year-old Joe Clark his first Ryman League start, were under pressure early on and Andy Reynolds was forced into the first of many important saves when pacy striker Stuart Blackburne broke through.
Lowestoft replied with Dale Cockrill feeding Matt Nolan who brought a diving save from Rob Blackburne.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Blackburne then again found himself clear but his cross shot fell wide.
Lowestoft thought they had taken the lead midway through the first period as Jamie Forshaw slid in a low Craig Bussens cross but he was ruled offside.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
In the second half, Matt Nolan curled a shot just wide, while Rob Blackburne's long clearance sent his namesake Stuart racing clear but he was foiled by Reynolds' excellent one-handed save.
Reynolds then produced a trio of fine saves as Enfield enjoyed a spell on top, but Danny Bloomfield almost stole the points for the home side when his snap shot from the edge of the area brought a one handed save from Blackburne.
t Lowestoft: Reynolds, Mitchell, Marsden (Sub Halliday 60), Plaskett, Potter, Bussens, Dale Cockrill, Nolan, Clark (Sub Godbold 64), Forshaw (Sub Bloomfield 78), Subs (not used) Fisk, McGee.