Blow for King’s Lynn Stars as Nicklas Porsing is ruled out of home clash with Leicester
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Nicklas Porsing has been ruled out of King's Lynn's Premiership showdown with Leicester on Wednesday night through illness.
The Danish reserve felt unwell while in Sweden with club bosses acting quickly to draft in Simon Lambert as a last-ditch replacement.
Stars promoter Buster Chapman said: 'We thank Simon for stepping in at such short notice. He is a local lad who has the club at heart and it is great to be able to call on his services.
'It is never ideal to make a late switch, but with Nick feeling under the weather, it is the sensible option. If he had travelled on top of being ill he would have been in no fit state to ride to the best of his ability.
'We're looking forward to cracking meeting against a Leicester side that will provide tough opposition, especially on the back of their impressive fightback at Somerset on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope to see a good crowd enjoying some great action and getting right behind the Stars.'
Stars: Robert Lambert, Thomas Jorgensen, Michael Palm Toft, Kai Huckenbeck, Tomas H Jonasson, Josh Auty, Simon Lambert.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
Leicester: Josh Grajczonek, Erik Riss, Cameron Heeps, Pawel Przedpelski R/R, Danny King, Josh Bates, Kyle Newman.