Bloaters return to winning ways
Yarmouth 3, FC Clacton 1
Great Yarmouth Town got back to winning ways as wingers Scott Woodcock and Luke Fell secured a 3-1 win.
Yarmouth were ahead within three minutes, Jake Reed was bundled down in the box and Scott Woodcock dispatched the resulting penalty. Then Clacton goalkeeper Rutherford had his clearance charged down by Reed and the ball deflected into the penalty area,
Luke Fell beat the backtracking defenders to the ball and he slotted home to make it two goals for Yarmouth with barely five minutes played.
Clacton gave themselves a way back into the match, Ray Turner slotting past returning goalkeeper Hilton. But it was Reed who superbly set up the third goal in the second half, turning from within his own half, he took on two Clacton defenders and managed to get to the six-yard box where he passed for Luke Fell to settle the points for Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain