Bloaters looking for new boss
Great Yarmouth Town are looking for a new manager after Paul Tong stood down, stating that his 'position had been compromised' at the club.
Bloaters chairman Colin Jones is inviting applications for the vacant post, with Tong's assistant Kevin Smith taking on the role on a caretaker basis for this evening's match against Dereham (7.45pm).
Tong admitted to standing down with regret but said a number of incidents over the past few weeks had left him with little choice.
'There have been a few decisions that have compromised my position and I think that it's time for a change,' said Tong.
'I wish the club well and whoever they bring in will inherit a really good club. I just feel that it's time for someone else to come in and take on the mantle.'
You may also want to watch:
A club statement said: 'It is with regret that the club are to announce that first team manager Paul Tong has resigned from his role at the club with immediate effect.
'Paul's assistant Kevin Smith will be taking on the role on a caretaker basis for Tuesday's match against Dereham Town.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
'The club are now looking for a permanent first team manager and applicants are invited to contact club chairman Colin Jones on 07872 121942.'
Also in action tonight are Wroxham, who will be going for a fifth straight league win when they entertain Kirkley and Pakefield.