Blake hits hat-trick as Norwich United extend lead
- Credit: Steve Adams
Norwich United extended their lead at the top of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division thanks to a 4-0 win over FC Clacton.
Matt Blake struck a second-half hat-trick after Steve Shipley had given the home side the lead to send the Planters clear at the top as second-placed Godmanchester were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Gorleston.
Keegan Middleton put the Greens in front in the 49th minute before James Hall equalised for the home side just after the hour mark.
Gorleston, who sit ninth in the table, held on for a point to make it just one defeat in their last six league games.
Basement boys Fakenham enjoyed only their second win of the season thanks to a 2-0 win over Walsham-le-Willows at Clipbush Park. Sam Garner broke the deadlock after five minutes but the Ghosts had a big let-off before half-time as Stephen Harvey was forced to clear off his own line. Four minutes into the second half Robbie Harris' side wrapped up the three points as Kyle Plumb slotted home after good work by Harvey. Fakenham remain bottom of the table but are now level on points with Thetford, who drew 0-0 with Whitton. The Brecklanders will at least take some comfort in the fact they have played three games fewer than Fakenham.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Havehill on an afternoon Lewis Flower won't forget in a hurry. The Royals' defender opened the scoring for the Royals before Haverhill hit back to make it 1-1 at half-time. Flower was then given his marching orders in the second half. Matty Brown also got on the scoresheet for Kirkley but they had to settle for a share of the spoils.
Swaffham were soundly beaten at home as Hadleigh ran in five at Shoemakers Lane. The Pedlars' sole reply came through Joe Jackson.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
In the First Division Dereham Reserves were beaten 5-0 at home to Wivenhoe whilst King's Lynn Reserves lost 2-0 at Braintree.