Blake at the double for Planters
The Thurlow Nunn Premier Division is becoming a two-horse race as top pair Norwich United and Godmanchester picked up impressive victories.
The Planters remain top of the tree thanks to a 4-1 win at Diss Town thanks to goals from Matt Blake (2), Ben Thompson and Matt Daniels. The Tangerines' got a late consolation through Matt Dixon's penalty. Norwich remain three points clear, with a game in hand, of second-placed Godmanchester, who beat Ipswich Wanderers 4-1.
Third-placed Newmarket are 10 points off top spot after they were held 3-3 at Thetford Town, with Shane Leech (2) and Elliot Smith on target for the hosts. The Jockeymen will at least be pleased to preserve a point after they trailed 3-0 with just six minutes left to play.
Fakenham Town's hopes of a top-six finish suffered a blow as they were beaten 2-0 by Mildenhall. James Paterson broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute for the hosts before Steve Holder doubled their lead early in the second half to secure all three points. The Ghosts remain in sixth place although the sides below them have games in hand.
Jordan Haverson's goal couldn't stop Kirkley & Pakefield slumping to a 4-1 defeat at Whitton United although the Royals remain handily-placed in fifth.
Gorleston slipped further down the table to 13th after a 2-1 defeat at lowly Wivenhoe Town. Scott Woodgate had given the Greens a sixth-minute lead but the Essex side roared back.
Swaffham Town bounced back from their defeat to Saffron Walden last time out in the First Division by hitting six past AFC Sudbury Reserves. Michael Thompson, Alex Vincent (2), Joe Jackson, Nick Castellan and Matthew Castellan got the goals for the Pedlars.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 9 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
Great Yarmouth Town registered a 3-0 win over Halstead through goals from Nick Bailey, Leighton Crux and Mitch Forbes whilst King's Lynn Town Reserves beat Debenham 1-0.
Downham Town are three games unbeaten after a 1-1 draw at Leiston Reserves, with Mark Smith scoring.