Blackstones 1, King’s Lynn Town 1
The Linnets failed to complete their fourth United Counties League double of the season as they dropped two points to a team they had beaten 5-1 at home earlier in the season.
Blackstones had a game plan and stuck to it rigidly. They chased and harried the Lynn team throughout and it paid off as they held the visitors to their first draw of the season.
First half chances were few and far between with Steve Spriggs wasting the best two for the Linnets.
The hosts almost took the lead two minutes into the second half when Robbie Pearce hit the bar.
Lynn began to show more enterprise and took the lead in the 54th minute. Jack Defty held off Danny Barker well and laid the ball into the path of Danny White to send a fierce drive into the net from 18 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Spriggs almost made up for his first half misses but his strong shot hit the bar with the keeper beaten.
Blackstones equalised in the 66th minute when Danny Buhlemann was adjudged to have brought down Ben Porter. Addy Staffieri scored from the spot, just managing to squeeze the ball in off the post after keeper Alex Street had got his fingertips to the shot.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
Conditions deteriorated as both teams pushed forward for a winner but it did not come.
Linnets director of football Kevin Boon said he was disappointed with the result and did not agree with the penalty decision, claiming Buhlemann taken the ball cleanly.
• Lynn Town: Street, Buhlemann, Alsop, L Thurlbourne, McNeil, Stone, Spriggs, White, Defty, Bexfield (Harris), J Thurlbourne.
Substitutes (not used): Millson, Doherty, Cubberley, Smith.
• Attendance: 220