Big win takes Norwich City to within two points of the leaders
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City moved to within two points of the Premier B summit after securing a 4-1 win at Felixstowe while leaders City of Peterborough II were losing at Blueharts.
City were rewarded for a bright start when Dan Cheeseman scored from an acute angle after good work from Luke Corden.
Felixstowe got back on level terms but the visitors went ahead again before the break thanks to a short corner conversion from Jeremy Elliott. The chances then came thick and fast for City and Elliott gave them breathing space with a low drag flick into the bottom corner before completing his hat-trick late on after some unselfish play from David Skinner.
Up in the top flight Dereham's battle against relegation suffered another setback when they were hammered 7-1 at title-chasing City of Peterborough.
They have now lost seven matches in a row and know nothing less than three points will do when they host Chelmsford, the side immediately above them, on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston Mapgies, who have nothing but pride to play for, gave a good account of themselves before going down 3-2 at home to second placed Old Loughtonians.
They quickly found themselves 2-0 down but got back in it when James Baker fired home after good work from Simon Hipwell. The visitors scored again before the break, only for Magpies to close the gap again when Leigh Sitch powered home from a short corner, but they were unable to complete the comeback.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
In Division One Magpies II won 4-3 at bottom side City of Peterborough III while Norwich City II remain third from bottom after drawing 4-4 with fellow strugglers Blueharts II (Tom Hindle 2, George Brine,Tom Cox).
Norwich Dragons went on a goal spree to move three points clear at the top of Division 2NE. They hammered visitors Ipswich and East Suffolk II 8-0 while second placed Sudbury were going down 4-3 at Cambridge Nomads.
Ollie King led the way with a hat-trick while Ben Watson and Henry Laming scored twice and Richard Gill was also on target.
Norwich City III lost 4-2 at Cambridge South in the same section (Matthew Brine, William Kidner).
Dragons III beat Ipswich and East Suffolk III 2-0 (Lloyd Sayer, Will Kirby).