Caister romp home against struggling Norwich United Under-21s
- Credit: Archant
The top versus bottom clash in the Anglian Combination Premier Division produced the expected result – although the scoreline was perhaps not quite had been expected.
Leaders Caister romped to a 9-1 home win over Norwich United Under-21s, taking their scoring tally to 16 in their last two games.
Mitch Forbes helped himself to a hat-trick while there were two for Anton Ward and Ashley King, with the others from George Barnden and Oliver Woodhouse.
Alfie Bowles scored the Planters goal.
Long Stratton remain second, three points behind, after a 2-1 win at Acle United. Matthew Nicholls and Charlie Deacon earned the win, with Acle's goal coming from Luke Thacker.
You may also want to watch:
Liam Moriarty and Jordan Rocastle scored the goals which gave Wymondham Town a 2-1 win at St Andrews, who had Fionn Goodwin-Wright on the scoresheet.
Scole United and Hellesdon shared the spoils after a 1-1 draw. Ben Norton-Hugman scored for Scole, with Jack Hurrell on target for the visitors.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
Joe Clarke scored twice with Steve Bee also on the scoresheet as Beccles Town beat visiting Blofield United 3-2. Reece May and Orren Oliver scored for the visitors.
Mattishall slipped to fourth in the table, albeit with a game in hand on the teams above them, after they were occupied by a Mummery Cup second round tie at home to Sheringham. Mattishall ended up 3-2 winners, thanks to goals from Xavier Huckle, Harry Gagen and Matty Webster. Sheringham's goals came from Shane Cox and Archie Galley.
There were three quarter-final games, with First Division leaders Mundford beating Premier Division Norwich Ceyms 5-3, thanks to four goals from Ian Fancett and one from Mark Alibone.
Michael Tacon, Harry Creamer and Dyllan Blades gave Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves a 3-0 home win over East Harling while UEA were 4-2 home winners over Bradenham Wanderers. Mo Hassan (2), Ryan Swift and Tom Ash scored for UEA with Tom Spalding and Rick Melton on target for the visitors.
In Division One, Aylsham were the big winners, with an 8-2 victory away to Stalham.