Big Rugby Day event likely to be shared around Norfolk clubs
- Credit: Submitted
The success of the inaugural Woodforde's Big Rugby Day means thoughts are already turning to where next year's event will be hosted.
Crusaders Rugby Club, in Little Melton, hosted seven county cup finals on Saturday and the event proved popular among many in the Norfolk rugby community.
With scorching temperatures and a festival feel, Norfolk RFU president Martin Crook estimates up to 2,000 spectators attended throughout the day – with North Walsham beating Diss 40-0 in the showpiece Senior Cup final.
'We're delighted,' Crook said. 'We achieved our objective and that was to join the Norfolk rugby community and club together.'
On next year's venue for the Big Rugby Day event, Crook added: 'It's the intention of Norfolk RFU to now open it up to our 20 members, which is all the clubs in Norfolk, and those who have the facilities can hold it and we'll move it club to club.
'Obviously Crusaders was quite central and next time we will probably look to go out north, south, east or west.'
• The Norfolk Senior Cup final is being broadcast on Mustard TV at 7.30pm tomorrow. The coverage, in association with Norfolk RFU, Fielding Cottage and Norse, will feature the entire Senior Cup final clash between North Walsham and Diss.
You may also want to watch:
Mustard TV is available on Freeview channel seven and Virgin Media channel 159. The programme will also be available on-demand for two weeks at MustardTV.co.uk.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp