Big-hitting Hall rewrites record books
Big-hitting Michael Hall has rewritten Costessey's record books. He cracked 181 in their 166-run Knights Norfolk League Division Five win at North Elmham.
Big-hitting Michael Hall has rewritten Costessey's record books. He cracked 181 in their 166-run Knights Norfolk League Division Five win at North Elmham. “Our previous highest individual scored was by Mike Hulme against Belton in 1994,” said club secretary Dan Kelly. Hall, who hit 24 fours and three sixes, helped Costessey amass 299 for four from their 45 overs, wioth Richard Downing contributing 48 and Nick McKnight 42 not out. North Elmham were then bowled out for 133, with McKnight taking six for 36.
Kelvin London shone with bat and ball as Halvergate beat Great Melton by three wickets with two balls to spare in Division One.
First he took five for 62 as Melton posted 207 for six, Jonny Howard hitting 62 not out.
Then he contributed 45 to the 211 for seven reply, sharing with Danny Carter (48 not) in a 75-run stand.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Frosdick hit 102 not out and Tom Watson 86 in Ashmanhaugh's 111-run defeat of Rollesby.
Robbie Fowle scored 70 not out and took five for 58 as Hardingham won by four wickets in their Division Two game at Winterton, for whom Bryn Clarke (47) and Kevin Percival (46) shared in a 105-run opening stand.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
Gary Summons hit 90 not out, with Steve Rowe contributing 45 and Paul Wilson 43, as Hales beat Hethersett & Tas Valley.
Ian Arnold took six for 13, including a hat-trick, as Great Melton A beat Martham by five wickets in Division Five.
Mally Howard hit 67 not out as Great Melton B won by five wickets in their Division Six game against Aldborough A, for whom 14-year-old Ben Flanagan scored 43.
Ashley Billing (five for 30) and Rob Thurley (57 not) shared top honours as Bradenham A beat Diss B by eight wickets in Division Seven.
Milton Lindsay top scored with 62 for Hales A in their win over Hethersett A.
Craig Knowles hit 109 for Drayton A in their Division Eight defeat of Great Yarmouth A.
Jerry Cheu-Sang took five for 12 for Hardingham A in their Division 10 defeat of Hales Colts.