Big fans’ favourite Mads Korneliussen returns to King’s Lynn Stars with Leicester Lions
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Former captain Mads Korneliussen admits it's going to be a strange experience when he lines up against the King's Lynn Stars this evening.
The popular Dane became a fans' favourite at the Norfolk Arena during his three years in Norfolk but returns tonight with his new club Leicester Lions. And the 30-year-old knows it's going to be weird when he steps onto the shale representing a different club at Saddlebow Road. Korneliussen said: 'It's going to be weird for sure. It'll be really weird being down at the bottom end of the pits rather than the top end (home area).
'I've been to Lynn a few times since I left the club so I'll still feel at home. But I'm looking forward to it.
'I've still got my workshop at Lynn, I still follow their Twitter page and I keep an eye on their scores. Lynn are still a big part of what I've done. But I've settled in really well at Leicester and the fans have taken to me so it's all good.'
The rider, who calls himself the 'Black Sheep of Danish racing' held his testimonial meeting at Lynn in March. He top-scored (paid 14) for the Lions during their 49-41 home win over Eastbourne Eagles at the weekend but insists he doesn't feel he has a point to prove to Lynn's hierarchy who decided to let him go.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I sort of felt that way for my testimonial but I just want to do my bit for the team and help other riders with their set-up. It's going to be tough but I still believe we can nick a point if we all ride well.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl