Bexfield tested for heart murmur
King's Lynn Town youngster and ex-Norwich City defender Pat Bexfield has undergone tests for a suspected heart murmur at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Bexfield was admitted to his local hospital after fainting at home on Monday and was kept in overnight for further observation. The Cambridge-based former Canary – who turns 22 today – played the full 90 minutes in Lynn's UCL 5-0 away win at Irchester on Saturday.
Linnets' joint boss Kevin Boon confirmed on Tuesday afternoon the club are currently awaiting further news.
'At the moment it might be something or nothing but its better to get these things checked out,' he said. 'We are just trying to speak to the family for the latest. They took him to Addenbrooke's last night and hooked him up to monitor his heart. I actually spoke to him in the hospital last night and he was alright. He was right as rain and he couldn't believe it that they were keeping him in.
'He played well on Saturday and there was no sign of anything wrong but apparently he was at home on Monday morning and just felt unwell and fainted. I know he had a knock on the head about four or five months ago, but the doctors had checked that out and said there was nothing wrong.'
You may also want to watch:
Bexfield has turned in a string of impressive displays, mainly at right back, since joining Lynn in the close season from Cambridge City. The 22-year-old came through the youth ranks at Norwich and was awarded a professional contract in May 2007. Bexfield never made a first team appearance at Carrow Road and was one of nine players released by former Norwich manager Glenn Roeder following the 2007/08 Championship season. Bexfield had trials at his hometown club, Cambridge United, and also went on to play for Wisbech in the Ridgeons Premier before linking up with King's Lynn Town this summer.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 6 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest