Ben Youngs relishing busy season ahead of England’s summer tour of Australia
Ben Youngs is enjoying the most hectic season of his career – and isn't finished yet.
Training started last July ahead of England's home World Cup and the 26-year-old got straight back into action with Leicester Tigers after that disappointing campaign.
The scrum-half helped his club side to the semi-finals of the European Champions Cup and to qualify for the Aviva Premiership play-offs. There was also the small matter of playing a key role in England winning a first Six Nations Grand Slam since 2003.
'It's sunk in now,' Youngs said during a visit to boyhood club Holt RFC.
'It takes a little bit of time. When you come off the back of that straight back into domestic rugby it's always a bit harder but once you get back into that, it's awesome.
You may also want to watch:
'That was a really great eight weeks, a really enjoyable eight weeks. Coming together under a new coaching staff, everyone wasn't too sure how it was going to work, but it was great, really enjoyable.
'All the coaches were brilliant and we gelled very quickly and were able to get a Grand Slam, which we hadn't done since 2003.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
The former Gresham's School pupil won his 57th England cap during the Six Nations and hopes to add to that impressive collection during a tour of Australia this summer – before finally getting in some rest.
'I think we'll be going over there in a good place, for sure, but it's also a really hard place to tour,' Youngs added.
'I've got some great memories of Australia, I made my first ever start out in Australia and obviously the (2013) Lions tour was there as well. So I'm really looking forward to going on that, if I'm selected, which hopefully I will be.'