Beccles’ walking football team heading for national finals
- Credit: Archant
The walking football section of Beccles Town FC has been successful in the People's FA Cup, qualifying for the national finals.
Following on from winning the local heats in Ipswich, the Beccles Town Walking Football team headed off to Peterborough for the regional finals.
With good competition and very tight games from the local winners from Bedford, Cambridge, Lincoln and Leicester, the team played well and finished the day unbeaten, which led to them qualifying for the national finals.
Those finals will take place on April 28 at the England team's National Training Centre at St George's Park.
Beccles Town hope to be in a position to expand the walking football section further once the new 3G pitch is built at their home ground.
You may also want to watch:
The Walking Football squad was made up of: Dean Bowen, Dave Allen, Steven Cooke, Colin Fenn, Ian Holmes, Jon Blankley, Chris Brown, Gary Smith.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car