Beccles’ walking football team heading for national finals
- Credit: Archant
The walking football section of Beccles Town FC has been successful in the People's FA Cup, qualifying for the national finals.
Following on from winning the local heats in Ipswich, the Beccles Town Walking Football team headed off to Peterborough for the regional finals.
With good competition and very tight games from the local winners from Bedford, Cambridge, Lincoln and Leicester, the team played well and finished the day unbeaten, which led to them qualifying for the national finals.
Those finals will take place on April 28 at the England team's National Training Centre at St George's Park.
Beccles Town hope to be in a position to expand the walking football section further once the new 3G pitch is built at their home ground.
You may also want to watch:
The Walking Football squad was made up of: Dean Bowen, Dave Allen, Steven Cooke, Colin Fenn, Ian Holmes, Jon Blankley, Chris Brown, Gary Smith.
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 4 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 10 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown