Beccles’ walking football team heading for national finals
- Credit: Archant
The walking football section of Beccles Town FC has been successful in the People's FA Cup, qualifying for the national finals.
Following on from winning the local heats in Ipswich, the Beccles Town Walking Football team headed off to Peterborough for the regional finals.
With good competition and very tight games from the local winners from Bedford, Cambridge, Lincoln and Leicester, the team played well and finished the day unbeaten, which led to them qualifying for the national finals.
Those finals will take place on April 28 at the England team's National Training Centre at St George's Park.
Beccles Town hope to be in a position to expand the walking football section further once the new 3G pitch is built at their home ground.
You may also want to watch:
The Walking Football squad was made up of: Dean Bowen, Dave Allen, Steven Cooke, Colin Fenn, Ian Holmes, Jon Blankley, Chris Brown, Gary Smith.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney