Beccles Town secure promotion to top flight with win
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town secured promotion to the top flight of the Anglian Combination after winning the final match of their Division One campaign on Saturday.
They rounded off their fixtures with a 2-1 victory at Scole United, with goals from Liam Harvey-Cooper and Joe Clark and Will Goulding replying.
That took them to the top of the table, one point ahead of already promoted Bradenham, who complete their season tomorrow evening at Hindringham.
Wanderers, who picked up the points they needed to go up when they won 3-1 at Mundford last Wedneday, require a point from the game to pip Beccles for the title.
Hellesdon needed a slip-up from the Wherrymen at the weekend to stand a chance of promotion and although it didn't happen they fulfilled their part of the bargain by winning 3-2 at Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Hurrell, Tom Blake and Connor Charlesworth scored for Hellesdon while Brannan Soloman and John Riches were on target for the Black Dogs.
Goals from Adam Leamon, Oliver Standley and Ben Coe earned Mundford a 3-1 win over North Walsham Town, Dale Wilton getting the consolation.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Brad Rivett and Jack Flynn scored for Attleborough as they drew 2-2 with Dersingham Rovers, whose goals came from Josh Hazell and James Winner.
In the Premier Division, leaders Spixworth and their only rivals for the title Harleston Town were both inactive at the weekend but play this morning (11am).
Spixworth, 11 points clear having played two more games, host mid-table St Andrews while Harleston face a tough trip to third-placed Mulbarton Wanderers.
On Saturday Wanderers were beaten 2-0 by Acle United, with two goals from Aaron Saunders. Waveney also slipped up, losing 3-1 at home to Norwich Ceyms with Lewis Allen (2) and Joe Woodcock on target and Sam Shepherd repying.
Two goals for Robbie Fryers gave Blofield United a 2-1 win over Mattishall (Xavier Huckle) while Charlie Deakin (2), Danilo Campoli and Marc Pearce scored for Long Stratton to gain a 4-2 win over Caister to edge away from the bottom. Keegan Middleton scored both the others.