Beccles Rugby Club ready for make or break London League encounter
It will be make or break for Beccles' London 2NE survival hopes on Saturday as the Bulls welcome Saffron Walden to Beef Meadow.
The Suffolk side earmarked four wins from their five home games in the new year to book another campaign in the London League's second tier, and they have a convincing win over Canvey Island and a narrow defeat to Woodford to their name at home in 2012.
But with visits from third-placed Basildon and a tricky Hampstead outfit still to come, in truth Saturday's game is must win for the battling Bulls.
Saffron Walden have suffered three defeats in their last four games, before their own visit from Basildon last weekend was postponed due to the freezing conditions.
Beccles sit bottom of the division's dozen on nine points, three behind Canvey Island in 10th place and most likely the final safe slot.
You may also want to watch:
Canvey travel to the only other side below them, Old Streetonians, on Saturday. Streetonians also visit Beef Meadow at the end of March.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region