Beccles Rugby Club ready for make or break London League encounter
It will be make or break for Beccles' London 2NE survival hopes on Saturday as the Bulls welcome Saffron Walden to Beef Meadow.
The Suffolk side earmarked four wins from their five home games in the new year to book another campaign in the London League's second tier, and they have a convincing win over Canvey Island and a narrow defeat to Woodford to their name at home in 2012.
But with visits from third-placed Basildon and a tricky Hampstead outfit still to come, in truth Saturday's game is must win for the battling Bulls.
Saffron Walden have suffered three defeats in their last four games, before their own visit from Basildon last weekend was postponed due to the freezing conditions.
Beccles sit bottom of the division's dozen on nine points, three behind Canvey Island in 10th place and most likely the final safe slot.
You may also want to watch:
Canvey travel to the only other side below them, Old Streetonians, on Saturday. Streetonians also visit Beef Meadow at the end of March.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home