Beccles Kingfisher juniors impress in their first taste of competition
Beccles' junior squad swimmers took part in their monthly mini time trial, with some taking to the block for the first time in competition conditions.
This month's trial was a front crawl event and a lot of the swimmers recorded their first competitive times, with the youngest swimmers being AJ Turner, Kyle Sparham, Mia Read-Maxini and Saffey Doherty.
This monthly session has been brought in to help the talented squad of swimmers get familiar with competition set-ups and help their confidence when taking part in future competitions.
Some had recorded times before with the likes of Emir Sezgin, James Green, Josh Robinson and Ellamae Hinsley all beating their previous bests by more than 15 seconds. There were also great first swims from Myles Payne, Daniel Ayling, Honey Lamdin, Ellie Chapman, Lily Ellard, Grace Hall and Grace Madsen.
It was great to see such a strong group of young swimmers enjoying the evening and racing as though they have been doing it for years.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have spaces for 14-plus swimmers who want a swim fit session on a Friday evening 8-9pm. If interested in swimming without the pressure of competitions but with some session guidance, then contact Tim Millett on 07727 125427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street