Beccles Kingfisher juniors impress in their first taste of competition
Beccles' junior squad swimmers took part in their monthly mini time trial, with some taking to the block for the first time in competition conditions.
This month's trial was a front crawl event and a lot of the swimmers recorded their first competitive times, with the youngest swimmers being AJ Turner, Kyle Sparham, Mia Read-Maxini and Saffey Doherty.
This monthly session has been brought in to help the talented squad of swimmers get familiar with competition set-ups and help their confidence when taking part in future competitions.
Some had recorded times before with the likes of Emir Sezgin, James Green, Josh Robinson and Ellamae Hinsley all beating their previous bests by more than 15 seconds. There were also great first swims from Myles Payne, Daniel Ayling, Honey Lamdin, Ellie Chapman, Lily Ellard, Grace Hall and Grace Madsen.
It was great to see such a strong group of young swimmers enjoying the evening and racing as though they have been doing it for years.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have spaces for 14-plus swimmers who want a swim fit session on a Friday evening 8-9pm. If interested in swimming without the pressure of competitions but with some session guidance, then contact Tim Millett on 07727 125427 or email@example.com
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer