Beccles hockey ladies make do with a draw at Watton
Watton 2, Beccles 2: With a five-week unbeaten run, Beccles headed to Watton full of optimism.
The game started quickly and promised to be a fast slick game with good passing play from both sides. Watton piled on pressure early on with some tough tackling and skilful play which resulted in a goal from short corner.
Beccles worked hard to regain possession, with good interplay between Jodie Smith, Tilley Aimee and Debbie Mann down the centre of the pitch. With not much of the half left to play, Watton pushed for the upper hand and forced a goal to take a 2-0 lead into the break.
It was one of those games where Beccles seemed to get better over time and they started the second half with clear determination, Lorraine Greenwood pulling off fantastic saves to keep Beccles' hopes high.
As Beccles began to use the width of the pitch and stretch Watton, more opportunities were created. A well-worked short corner saw a shot from Annette Freeman guided in by Heather Brand.
You may also want to watch:
This gave Beccles the confidence they needed and again team work allowed Ali Foreman to smash into the goal to level.
Watton were not going to lie down and settle for a draw – to their credit they forced a few penalty corners and goalmouth scrambles, but on balance of play a draw was fair.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit