Beccles Golf Club exit Mail on Sunday Knockout after marathon round
Saturday had a slightly reduced field at Beccles Golf Club due to some members playing at Gorleston in the second round of the Mail on Sunday Knockout Competition.
In bad conditions and heavy rain scoring was low. Luckily for Willie and Sam, who wiped the greens before play started, they enjoyed the best part of the day.
Club president George Savill came in with 35 points taking third, second was David Wells on 35 points and winning was Paul Segust.
In the afternoon five members – Edd Bowles, Niall Gill, Ben Cable Alan Ereira and Brian Lever – went to Gorleston for the Mail on Sunday Knockout and finishing all square on the 18th, eight extra holes had to be played. Unfortunately for Beccles the home advantage played a part and Beccles were knocked out.
On Sunday, a few hardy souls took part in the Medal Competition. With a few greens holding water, putting was extremely difficult.
You may also want to watch:
Third went to Chris Peach 81-12-69, second was Steve Driver 85-16-69 and winning was club captain Bob Janney 88-22-66.
Saturday is the Hembling Cup with the new summer tee times of 8am.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
The previous week, Harleston Engineering held their Texas Scramble, with eight teams taking part in lovely conditions.
In a change to the usual format, teams were drawn on the day.
Captain Janney thanked Harleston Engineering for there continued sponsorship, Willie and Sam for preparing the greens and Ali for the refreshments that followed.
The winning team consisted of A Ereira, D Wells, D Bickers and R Green.
The following Sunday was the rearranged Stableford Competiton, again in perfect conditions with a mixed field of men and ladies making the most of the course conditions with some good scores.
Third went to Edd Bowles with 34 points, 37 points but losing again on countback was Ron Walding, and winning was captain Janney.