Beccles Caxton take Halesworth and District Darts League title over Earsham Queen
Caxton were the victorious party in the Halesworth and District Independent League despite derby defeat.
Going into the final week of the season there was a single point between Beccles Caxton and Earsham Queen.
In the derby against Beccles Ingate the doubles were shared to leave the match poised at 2-2. With the next six singles shared it went down to the deciding match, where S Driver beat M Cable over three legs and the Ingate held the upper hand.
However with the unbeaten V Mudd on last for Caxton it looked liked a draw was the likely result – but in a battle of the two captains F Ansell pulled off a shock 2-0 win to give the Ingate the win.
It meant an Earsham win would take the title, but they were up against Duke of York, and 180s in the doubles by J Lowe and M Meen set the tone.
You may also want to watch:
Duke rushed to a 5-1 lead and while Queen fought back with wins for G Doughty and A Pidd, J Lowe, N Clarke and D Ling Snr took Duke to victory, leaving Caxton champions.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'