Beccles Caxton hold advantage in Halesworth and District Independent Darts League title showdown
Beccles Caxton picked up a comprehensive 11-1 win at Harleston Apollo to remain top of the Halesworth and District Independent League by one point.
In the game of the night Vinny Mudd made up for a scrappy first leg by hitting 180 to take the second from Harleston skipper John Holmes. Better followed in the decider as they hit back-to-back 180s before Mudd sank the double.Earsham beat an under par Social Club to take the title race to the final week.
In a fortnight Caxton entertain Beccles Ingate and Earsham are at home to the dangerous Duke of York to decide the silverware.
The league singles take place in the main hall at Harleston Apollo this week. Any registered ladies will have their own competition.
The fourth Annual Winston Foulger tournament takes place on Saturday night, also at Harleston Apollo. There will be men's singles, ladies' singles and blind pairs competitions on the night, registration is �3 from 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'