Beccles Caxton hold advantage in Halesworth and District Independent Darts League title showdown
Beccles Caxton picked up a comprehensive 11-1 win at Harleston Apollo to remain top of the Halesworth and District Independent League by one point.
In the game of the night Vinny Mudd made up for a scrappy first leg by hitting 180 to take the second from Harleston skipper John Holmes. Better followed in the decider as they hit back-to-back 180s before Mudd sank the double.Earsham beat an under par Social Club to take the title race to the final week.
In a fortnight Caxton entertain Beccles Ingate and Earsham are at home to the dangerous Duke of York to decide the silverware.
The league singles take place in the main hall at Harleston Apollo this week. Any registered ladies will have their own competition.
The fourth Annual Winston Foulger tournament takes place on Saturday night, also at Harleston Apollo. There will be men's singles, ladies' singles and blind pairs competitions on the night, registration is �3 from 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 6 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'