Beccles are lifted by first half try blitz
BECCLES 27, HARLOW 22: Beccles scored four first-half tries to secure their first league win since promotion to London 2NE.
Playing the team immediately above them in the table, the hosts were missing Payne and Johnstone but Rix came back in to the side in the second row.
Harlow started the game well and were soon in front. Missed tackles in the middle of the park allowed the visitors' fullback a free run in under the posts and the conversion was added.
Beccles then started to play some good rugby, keeping the ball alive well. When Rayner was stopped just short of the line he popped the ball up for Wade to crash over in the corner.
Rayner got on the scoresheet himself soon after to put Beccles in to the lead. He cut through defensive line and sold the fullback a dummy before sprinting in under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles kept the pressure up and the opposition pinned back on their own line. An overlap was created after some good hands by Hinsley, leaving Musker McIntyre man of the match Wade to go over for his second try.
Beccles saved the best try for last. Maeer turned the ball over in the Beccles half and the ball was kicked on by Sale, with Veasey-Lark winning the race to the ball.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
He picked up well, chipped the ball over the last defender and was the first to the ball to touch down and score, securing the first try bonus point of the season for Beccles and making the score 24-7 at half-time.
Harlow improved in the second half and put Beccles under pressure, scoring two tries to get within five points of Beccles.
The hosts increased their lead through a Murray penalty and as the game drew to its end Harlow forced a penalty and kicked it to secure a losing bonus point. Beccles remain at the foot of the table but are now just three points behind Harlow and could soon be off the bottom if they maintain this form.
Before they return to league action they face Rochford at Beef Meadow on Saturday in the cup (2.30pm)