Beccles Amateur Sailing Club celebrates 2011 season in style
The Waveney House Hotel was a fitting venue for the Beccles Amateur Sailing Club annual dinner dance and prize giving.
The evening proved a success with 100 members and guests attending.
Club commodore Glen Curtis received guests WOBYC Commodore David Gooch and Julia Deary together with former Commodore of Yare Valley Sailing Club Linda Doughty with her husband Gary.
The commodore's speech included a get well message to BASC stalwart Richard Deller.
Prizegiving followed, with the big winners Jake Shipley in his laser Mr Angry, Rowan Curtis in topper Animal and George Curtis in optimist 'Bittern' collecting three trophies each, and Rory Kelsey in his Norfolk Tankard and Richard Deller in enterprise Cuddles on two.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Langston in his laser PDQ, Elena Edwards in her topper Bubble, Kevin Edwards in his enterprise Sharkie, Charlie Folkard in topper Charlie 2, Jacob Woolnough in his club topper and Harry Shipley in his laser H one trophy each.
Members were now looking forward to the start of the season, which is only four weeks away.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash