Beccles 31, Upminster 24
Beccles climbed to the top of the Division 3NE table after an enthralling encounter.
Despite the slippery conditions, both teams played expansive rugby, with the visitors taking the lead with an early converted try. Beccles responded immediately when Hewitt dummied his opposite man and went over to level. Wade added the extras to make the scores 7-7. A further try came from Vasey-Lark, hitting a fine line to finish off a training ground move crafted and converted by Wade.
The half ended when Upminster scored from a series of drives at the breakdown.
The second half began with a spell of dominance from Upminster but Beccles remained resilient and soon clicked into gear.
R Wilson continued his fine form by crashing over for his sixth try in as many matches, converted by Wade but Upminster quickly replied with a try of their own under the posts to make it 21-21.
You may also want to watch:
The sides exchanged penalty kicks and the game looked to be heading for a draw. But some fine quick hands from the Beccles backs allowed them to exploit the overlap and Trios of Loddon man of the match Harrison coolly finished off in the corner for the winner and crucial bonus point, with Wade adding the extras.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town